Scania require all guarantees to be issued by banks only with a minimum rating as per below. The rating has to be no older than 12 months.
|Credit Rating Agency||Minimum required rating|
|Standard & Poor||A (Scale AAA – D)|
|Moody’s||A (Scale AAA – C)|
Unfortunately guarantees issued by insurance companies or other type of financial institutions cannot be accepted.
The guarantee should be advised electronically via swift to one of Scania’s banks below:
- Please only use the international guarantee template (updated with Scania particulars) found attached to the right: Update the green marked fields with the following information:
- Scania contact person
- Order/contract number and scope
- Currency and amount
- Expiry date
- Please make sure to send the template and the information above to your bank.
- You shall ask the bank to send you a draft of the guarantee prior to issuance so the wording and content can be approved by Scania. This will save both cost and time for all involved parties.
- Any deviations from the wording must be approved by Scania and can delay the process.
- All fees and commissions for the guarantees are covered by you as per the signed order.
- Please notice that the invoices connected with this bank guarantee must be marked “Advanced Payment”.
|Bank guarantee template swift||6 Oct, 2022|