Specific requirements – Automotive Suppliers
In this section you find the requirements that are specific for all suppliers that deliver automotive products to Scania. For all general demands, see Supplier Requirements.
Scania Standard 3868 – Customer Specific Requirements
All suppliers that deliver Automotive products, need to comply with Scania Standard 3868.
You will get access to this Customer Specific Requirement as soon as you have a signed NDA with Scania (or if you are registered at Volkswagens Supplier Portal: ONE KBP Portal).
For the suppliers that have access to Scania Supplier Portal, Standard 3868 are available within the Scania Standards application.
Certification – IATF 16949, VDA 6.1 or equal
Automotive suppliers shall be certified according to IATF 16949. IATF 16949 puts higher demands on processes where the use of statistical methods, risk analyses and measurement system are to be defined and approved by both parts. The goal of this quality system is to develop basic quality systems that promote continuous improvement, place the spotlight on preventing faults and reduce variations and waste in the delivery chain. The certification for IATF 16949 shall be performed by an accredited third party.
Before a supplier is finally approved to deliver serial parts to Scania, a PPAP or an equivalent system according to IATF 16949 must be undertaken. Scania is using PPAP for approval of new and modified products and production processes. The basic prerequisites for a PPAP are that the samples submitted for approval of production parts must be taken from a significant production batch.
Additions to IATF 16949
- Contingency plan – Plan to handle unexpected situation
- Change control – No changes in products or production process without approval from Scania according to supplier change request routine (SCR).
- Control plan – Continuously updated
- Product audits – Deviations and corrective actions reported on request
- Layout inspection and functional testing – Reported on request, deviations and corrective actions minimum once per year.
- Capability/process control (Cpk >1.33)
The Logistic Manual – STD4172
All suppliers delivering to any of the Scania Production Units or Warehouses are required to follow the Logistic Manual, STD4172. Some of the points mentioned in the manual are:
- Delivery reliability 100% – Reporting actual situation on request incl. corrective actions
- EDI capability
- Packing according to agreement.