Packgaging Instruction System
PackIT is the packaging instruction system, which also contains information about packaging materials and how the Scania packaging material shall be handled.
In the system you will be able to handle the packaging instructions assigned to your 7-digit Scania Supplier number.
Within assembly the packaging engineers create packaging information, and suppliers read how to pack parts that shall be sent to Scania.
Within Parts Logistics the suppliers read how the spareparts shall be packed.
PackIT – FAQ
- Login issues
- Press on Welcome to the left and see if the warning “Authorization error. User not allowed in this page.” gets bypassed.
- Clear your browser cache and try again.
- or if you need Internet Explorer:
- If it still doesn’t work contact Scania IT at +46855381795
- How to switch supplier ID
- PackIT does not currently support this functionality. It is under development and will be released during Q1 2022.
- If you need a secondary supplier number:
- Contact a colleague at that supplier number and ask them to handle this until the function is released.
- Contact your Scania Packaging Engineer for help with extracting information or approving/rejecting an instruction. See contact list under packaging contacts.
- How to approve a packaging instruction
- If you recieve an E-mail requesting you to approve a packaging instruction you can find it on the PackIT startpage
- It shows on your dashboard and you can view it by clicking on preview to the left
- Then approve by clicking the green thumbs up or reject it by pressing the red thumb down
- How to find packaging instructions
- Go to Search – Search Packaging Instruction Type in the part number you are searching for and press search
- If no result shows up there is no instruction made. If this is prior to the start of serial delivery of parts contact the Scania project purchaser. Else contact the Scania packaging engineer for the area so they can make one.
- Translation List of Units in PackIT
P&L – All Scania production units in Europe, not Latin America
MC – Cab and Cab machining in Oskarshamn
DL – Luleå Machining
MS – Chassi and bus plant in Södertälje
DE – Engine Södertälje, assembly and machining
DT – Axle and Gearbox, assembly and machining
SL – Scania Spare Parts Center
MZ – Chassi plant in Zwolle
MA – Chassi plant in Angers
SLA – Scania Latin America, does not actively use the system
KD – Scania KD in Hasselt
MM – Scania Meppel Paint shop
MX – Scania Slupsk – Bus
SAS – Scania Asia
Old list that is still shown in some old instruction names:
PnL – All Scania production units in Europe, Scania Latin America not using the system
BLO – Cab and Cab machining in Oskarshamn
BLL – Luleå Machining
CHA – Chassi and bus plant in Södertälje
TDE – Engine Södertälje, assembly and machining
RAE – Axle and Gearbox, assembly and machining
CW2 – Scania Spare Parts Center
RW – Chassi plant in Zwolle
SAN – Chassi plant in Angers
SLB – Scania Latin America, does not actively use the system
KDP – Scania KD in Hasselt
SPM – Scania Meppel Paint shop
PackIT release in the morning will cause some downtime.
Fix for incorrect reminder E-mails
Previously suppliers would get reminders for instructions they already handled. This should hopefully resolve this issue.
To enable instructions for the new Chinese region we have made a new Production Unit called SAS.
Multiple supplier ID
Suppliers that are administrators for multiple plants should now have access to all of the plants data in PackIT.
Inbetween releases the MX Production Unit was added to PackIT to enable Slupsk to use PackIT.
|PackIT manual, Supplier||28 Jan, 2022|